Thursday, December 11, 2008

Russ is mad at Media Take Out!!

I am of the view as a philanthropist and businessman that all press is good if it can help me as a brand or bring in more money to my five charities-especially in this time of economic crisis when every charity is struggling to keep afloat. However, I do find this blatent racism offensive. Just last week I was out with my friend Veronica Verikova and the next day had to read about "uncle Russell's brand new blonde bust down". She doesn't deserve that, nobody does! And yes, it is offensive.

Some people believe that if you date a person from another race you are somehow denying who you are. They believe that dating someone with a different skin color somehow makes you a self-hater, loathing that which makes you yourself. They believe that it's an insult to your parents, ancestors, heritage and community.

I find this view much more telling about the people who say this than about those who do find a physical, spiritual, mental and emotional connection with someone who looks different than themselves.

Choosing someone who I am physically attracted to and who also inspires, uplifts, educates and keeps me interested is my first priority- not their race. And if these bloggers recall I did marry a woman who was half African American. Furthermore, I have had many high profile relationships with African American women, such as the only serious relationship that I have had since my divorce (who some may already know) with my dear friend yoga teacher/model/philantropist Porschla Coleman.

Pretty funny
he got so mad that he wrote them a little something something.
Really Russ?
I guess its kinda sweet you all defending your new WAAAAY too young girlfriend.
I tell you one thang
black girls sho aint you thang man,lol
thats for the sisters, ok? ..... ok!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment